Positive About Fibro
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Positive About Fibro

A support forum for all sufferers of fibromyalgia across the UK. Because there's no support like fibro support.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello from Aberdeen

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Bulbie
Admin
Bulbie

Hello from Aberdeen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 9:37 pm

"Do you blame me?" Are you freakin' serious, doctors have said that to you?! Jeez, they're supposed to err on the side of caution and check things out, even if they don't think there's anything really wrong! There are a few good ones though, my doc being one so it's not all bad. I keep thinking of all the countries that have it so much worse than us too when times are rough. Figure with Thursday I'll go along get it checked out, if I'm not happy with what he says or doesn't say for that matter I'll be going right to the front desk and asking for a telephone appt with Dr Jones. She's the only one who's ever listened to me since my mum's doctor retired, and she's the reason I didn't wind up in hospital having stomach surgery, and hse is the reason I have my fibro diagnosis. So if this locum on Thursday isnt up to it, he'll soon know about it! A change like this can't be good.

Hey, burnt lip - perfect excuse for the ice cream! I'd have some but if I try digging it out of that freezer right now I know I'd fall in then I'm stuck in there til 7am...

That's weird, my body's itchy too! Never really noticed it in association with the colder weather but I am itchy tonight and I have been out in the cold...

lol I see you're a fan of the lemon meringue pie then! I've never actually tried it due to most pies I found containing cream, which is death for me - I'd go into anaphylactic shock if I had even a trace, but this box one is perfect. Make it myself, so no cream!
Back to top Go down
https://positiveaboutfibro.forumotion.net
Spudsy40

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:46 am

Honest, twice she has said it to me. She gave me drugs once that would've killed an elephant, I took for 2 days and the reaction was so severe, I was totally bald within 10 days and that lasted for 4 years! I still have bald patches to this day. Then with the dvt she kept giving me painkillers and said I was imagining it as I didn't present as a dvt, lo and behold, it was the biggest dvt the scanner had ever seen, so........... When I went back in after both episodes she was very humble, must admit, it's worked, as everything I tend to need now or ask her for, I get!

I find locums pretty good to be honest, as they are not personally involved with the patients so they tend to have more time to sit and listen, I betcha u get a good result from urs tomorrow.

Are u mega allergic to cream? I am to milk, gotta have goats milk, I have a fair few allergies, wonder if that's a common thing with fibro? I'm sooooooo itchy just now, my skin is driving me loopy, wonder if that's a fibro thing too.

Isn't it interesting when u start yapping about it, how many things we seem to have in common, wonder if anyones ever done a huge fibro survey to find oot.
Back to top Go down
Bulbie
Admin
Bulbie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 1:04 pm

I should blody hope so too! Doctors like her really need a good slapping. I'm not sure I'd freak totally if I went bald. Sure I'd be sad for the loss of my hair, but then I'd think about all the cools wigs I could buy and wear! No need for straightening, hairdressers or dyeing!

Ok I'm a little more reassured about tomorrow now. Hopefully this guy will be good. I hate having telephone appointments with Dr Jones. The phone makes me so nervous. Sad

i am mega allergic to cream, though oddly not to cow's milk. I don't know if it's the fat content or what but I can sometimes get away with taking cow's milk, but cream will kill me. I take Lactofree dairy products where I can, seems to help. I really miss being able to have proper cheese though, I have to have dairy free cheese. To be honest the Lactofree one is pretty good, but it is made with cow's milk, just it has the lactose remmoved. Cheezly is good too,but it's much nicer melted. As for the Pure selection, omg I've never tasted anything so foul in my life! Well, apart from that time i haad Alpro Soya yogurt. That was absolutely disgusting. i think allergies are common with fibro though, it's part of the IBS thing, which is part of fibro.

Hey, maybe we should do a huge fibro survey. Would be quite good to have on the site. Dunno how we'd go about it though since we're still new and only four members strong...
Back to top Go down
Spudsy40

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 1:16 pm

Yeah and she nearly got a good slapping. Losing ur hair is much harder than u could possibly imagine, you feel asexual, e.g. not man and not woman, it's really difficult to get used to. My hair was my "thing", I adored it, was always up to date with trends n colours, used to get it done twice a week, so it was hard for me to adjust. Head hair u do get used to losing eventually, but losing ur eyebrows n lashes is awful, ur eyes become very painful and agitated a lot due to having no protection, because I don't wear make up, I couldn't draw on eyebrows either, so that was probably the hardest for me. I have some amazing wigs though, but they can be very itchy due to them being synthetic and u can be very sweaty, I used to wear bandanas a lot, they were very cool and funky. If I lost it again I would be ok about it, but first time round, boy, it was very tough!

It'll be fine toots.

Cream doesn't sit well with me either or cheese, I find I get ultra sore tum with cheese, I stick to goats cheese a lot or a wee bit of feta, my ibs was bad last night as the home made pizza had a bitty of proper cheese on it, so was up at 0050hrs with actue tum spasms! What is that diagnosis called when ur allergic to cream, is that Lactose intolerant? Do people with that get prescriptions for food supplements etc or am I thinking of something else?

Hey, we'll get there, 4 more than before!

It's minging here, stotting down and black outside and it's 1116hrs, should've stayed in bed! cheers
Back to top Go down
Bulbie
Admin
Bulbie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 8:42 pm

Ok I confess to not taking in all other body hair into account. Would be weird if you could get eyebrow wigs though! I don't wear make up either so I'd be in exactly the same position as you.

Well today was horrendous. I saw the doc about my knee first. Told her all about it and how its different to normal pain. She took a wild stab in the dark at muscular problems. But she didn't have a clue what it was, didn't seem too bothered about finding out either. So she's referring me to physio. God knows what that's meant to do. I also got a letter through from the hospital today about a physio appointment finally being made for me, it's at 9am, impossible for me so will have to call up and rearrange. So after the doc's don't give a shit attitude I then had to go back to the waiting room and wait on the nurse. It was my five yearly violation today, and the nurse just seemed rushed. Not that women ever want it to take a long time, but she hurt me going in thre with the initial thing to open me up, proper hurt me, said basically it was MY fault because I'm too tense. Sure I can understand that but she wasn't exactly gentle at putting it in! Hence the tensing up! So she refused to do my smear because she didn't want accused of hurting me. She did tell me to make an appointment with my gp and get her to give me drugs to "sedate" me for the next time I get my smear done. Am I f**k going back down that route! I only tensed up because she was rough putting it in in the first place. Not to mention my mental side took a battering too from the second I sat down, basically saying thrush was an STI and I'd now have to treat it and get all of my sexual partners treated as well. I ask you! What the hell do I look like to her, some kind of saarf London whore? All in all I feel pretty traumatised today, and I still haven't got the bloody smear out the way. Sad

I'm due to see Dr Jones again in November though. Trev my carer made the appointment when I was curled up in bed crying. So I'll tell her about my knee and the way the doc today couldn't figure out what was wrong so she just referred me to physio to keep me quiet. I know something's different. I have to report changes in my fibro anyway, not that she listened to that. I thought I'd be ok today, I've had smears done before, not nice but I was able to get it done, as for the doc I had, I've had her before, and she'd always been ok, today she just didn't seem to care. I feel utterly crap now, and I have a knot in my stomach for when I still have to go for my smear. I'm terrified of going now. Sad

There's a difference between intolerance and allergy. Can't really describe it very well other than intolerance just makes you very ill, allergy can kill. I believe myself to have an allergy to cream because the second any touches my tongue, my throat closes up and I start vomiting. Makes no sense how the vomit can get out, but it does. But cheese I'm only intolerant of, I get the same as you - ultra sore tum - if I take any normal people cheese. I thought of taking the goats and feta cheese route once but got too scared in case I reacted. I can't bear the spasms. So now I just take either completely dairy free cheese, or lactofree on a good day. As for the prescriptions for food supplements, I have no idea, and I don't know how I'd find out. Question

Weather's yuk here too - raining on and off, very cold. And I've got a driving lesson in that tomorrow! Fun times!
Back to top Go down
Spudsy40

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 1:45 pm

oh my, that sounds horrendous, hope ur fully recovered now and not dwelling on it too much, she sounds like a witch. Hope u manage to feed all this back to ur own doc when u go and visit with her and tell her how the nurse made u feel, that's really bad.

I didn't realise u had a carer, did u get one via Doc because of your fibro?

Do u have to carry one of those epi pens with u at all times? How did the diagnosis come about, did u take a major reaction to something when u had eaten? It's very scary, I've seen it happen to someone who had an allergy to nuts, it was so strange as it was an allergy that just came out of nowhere!
Back to top Go down
Bulbie
Admin
Bulbie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 3:32 pm

Well, I think I'm fully recovered, 'cept now I have a knot in my stomach knowing I still have to get the smear done. Sad They've made me nervous before sure, but never scared. I will be feeding all this back to Dr Jones when I see her. I can't afford not to really. If nothing else, after the stress of last week, my stress levels will go through the roof when I next have to attempt getting it done, which will cause a flare up. But there's no way I'm being sedated. I still feel like some nasty little skank that's been putting it about a bit, and I'm not sure if she did hurt me down there last week, I was in the bath just now and it kinda hurt a little...

Yup, I've got a carer. Not appointed by the doc though. A private hire, if you will. He does it for free, he's a friend of mine. Dr Jones thinks that's the best thing for me anyway. At least I'll get that personal touch that will make me feel much more comfortable than I would with a stranger. But it is because of my fibro, yes. I fall about a lot sometimes, and my mobility is often next to nothing, so I need a lot more help some days than some medical professionals have tried to make out. So really the only way I was going to get this level of care is by taking it on privately. The DWP think there's absolutely nothing wrong with me so I don't have the money coming in to pay for anyone.

I don't have one of those pens no. It was recommended to me that since I can occasionally tolerate cow's milk I should just try and steer away from dairy altogether and it was left at that. So I don't know if I should ask again. The reaction is the same as it's always been. I found out I was like this with cream though when I was out with my sister one day. We'd stopped at the bakers for a cake, and i got my favourite, those frog cake things, where the frog's head is filled with cream. So I bit into the frog's head, my throat closed up, I started throwing up. So I tried again a few days later, the same thing happened. Just to make sure, I tried again, the same thing. So I tested it on three separate occasions, then thought it best to go and see the doc. That's when I got told to stay away from dairy. But since my IBS doesn't allow me to have much fruit either, what does that leave me to have for breakfast?!
Back to top Go down
Spudsy40

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 5:03 pm

Good, glad to hear ur feeling a bitty better. Prob best to write it all down and report back to the doc u like and trust the most.

That's nice of ur friend to be such a caring carer, very nice indeedy. Are u not in the midst of fighting the DWP at the mo to get an allowance, or has that not come to owt?

So, did the doc actually test u for allergies and/or intolerances? Am asking a lot about this due to some sensitivities with foods I have myself, so picking ur brain!
Back to top Go down
Bulbie
Admin
Bulbie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 7:27 pm

Writing it all down is a good idea. Especially with my memory!

I am in the midst of fighting the DWP at the moment - they took my ESA off me claiming there was nothing wrong with me, without consulting my GP. I applied for DLA over 8 weeks ago, still heard nothing back, but no doubt they'll turn me down for that too given the details they hold on me for ESA. I've only just started the appeals process due to them claiming not to have received my letter. Had no reply to my following letter when they didn't send me out my written statement of reasons. That was sent recorded delivery so I think I'd better give them a call tomorrow. Be ready for them saying they didn't receive the letter when I know for a fact that they did this time. Right now, all I can do is play the waiting game, and in the meantime I've got no paying job lined up on the horizon, and no money coming in whatsoever.

The doc never tested me no, but I can request it at any time. Tell you what though, if my thing with cheese did turn out to be an intolerance, it's one hell of a reaction! But all they'd do if they did test was take a prick of blood from my finger. I'd probably get the results right there and then. Way I see it though, keeping away from cream has served me well so far. But then I might well have the one day where there's cream in something and it isn't listed in the ingredients or in a restaurant they don't think to tell me there's cream in an ingredient, they make the wrong assumption that I'm asknig if its been poured in at the end or something. I've had the assumption quite a lot as it happens. They they assume I'm asking if there's any cream in something because they think I'm just worried about getting fat! I asked once at a place I used to go to a lot with an old friend if their ice cream had any cream in it. The waitress said to me well, it is called ICE cream, that should tell you something! Bloody cheek! Maybe I will get officially tested. I'll do it if you do it! Wink
Back to top Go down
Spudsy40

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 7:35 pm

Hey, just had some really bad news, my lovely Auntie has been diagnosed with breast cancer, very sudden. Due to see surgeon on Wednesday to see what they can do for her, poor thing, we just lost our other Auntie last year, my mum is in a right state at the mo, it's terrible.

Defo write stuff down, I need to, or I forget all the time, my memory sucks nowadays, it used to be brilliant.

Wow, no monies coming in and nowt back from then that is rank, I'd gee them up 2moro, esp cos u know they've got ur letter, why do these people take so long to get in touch, don't they know folk worry and have bills to pay.

Game on, I'll ask of u ask!
Back to top Go down
Bulbie
Admin
Bulbie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Hey, I'm really sorry about your news. I would say I could recommend a great cancer support group for you and your family, but that's really gone down the tubes for me lately. I'll tell you all about it sometime when you're in a better frame of mind. But you can talk to me anytime hon, I mean that. Not just on here, through my email, I'm happy to give you my mobile number as well.

I had a breast cancer scare myself a few years back. And I lost my mum to cancer, I was really close to her. So I know just how tough it can be dealing with this sort of thing.

Aye I think I will be phoning tomorrow. I've got no idea when I'll next see money, and getting work round here at all is bloody hard, even without the recession being taken into account, never mind when you're disabled and can't just take anything going. Sad

Ok, you're on! I'm due to see Dr Jones on the 11th. I'll ask her to do it for me then I'll come report back to you! Wink
Back to top Go down
Spudsy40

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 2:15 pm

Hey, poor mum hasn't slept a wink for worrying about her sis, roll on 2moro when she gets to see surgeon, mam is confused, she thinks they told my aunt she is not eligible for that sooper dooper expensive tablet nor is she eligible for radiation, so goodness knows what that leaves, mam is kerfuffled at the mo, so will wait til 2moro n c wot surgeon says, thanks for being there, may pick ur brains in a wee while!

Someone mentioned to me that ur much more susceptible to breast cancer when u have fibromyalgia, not sure if u have heard of this before? It is a worry.

Did u call yet? Any news?

I haven't got appt with my Doc, but will make one in a couple of weeks, she has been off for school holidays. Steve is off work from Friday night for a week, but we are busy busy, I have hospital most of Monday and then eye tests on tuesday and he is mtng dad for golf and hopefully putting new loo in and new floor.

Be nice to have some time off though, we've been a bit nippy with each other the past couple of wks, due to tiredness, it sucks!

Peeing doon here again, am bloody sick of this weather!
Back to top Go down
Bulbie
Admin
Bulbie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 4:09 pm

Poor love, you and your family have really got it rough right now. It doesn't sound good about those pills or the radiation, when my mum got sick, she was given it in the blink of an eye. Mind you, I don't know how much of that was because she was an aggressive case and they knew she wouldn't be around long so they wouldn't have to shell out for too much of it... Good luck for tomorrow though anyway, and you can pick my brain as much as you like whenever you're ready. Smile

Crikey, didn't know that I'm afraid! Maybe we should do our own research on it. If we can't find any good info between ourselves by the time I see Dr Jones, I'll ask her about it. Get info for us both. She has fibro too see, so that and being a GP, there's nothing she won't know about it. It is something I worry about though since that little scare I had.

I haven't called yet, no, that's because they called me first, and lo and behold, I got a nice person! Whether that's because she was genuinely nice or because I've got them scared now is another matter. She called to tell me they've finally got my letter, the original one. I have had my appeal form processed, and they'll send out my written statement of reasons (I think - if not they have the other letter from me telling them I need it). I also got told I'm entitled to be paid at assessment rate, the equivalent of JSA, whilst I'm waiting for my appeal to be heard. Which is what I thought but no-one before now could give me a definite answer on that. She said the reason I haven't been getting it is because they didn't have my medical evidence, that is, my medical certificate. She also said I should have been told that I was entitled to it still. So I told her that I hadn't sent one because I hadn't been told I had the right to claim ESA at assessment rate whilst waiting on the appeal to be heard, so I didn't get a letter or anything telling me I had to send in a certificate. So she's recommended I make an appointment with the Jobcentre to get the medical certificate to them, and that way it will be couriered to them, and there will be much less chance of it getting lost in the post, and less chance of me losing money as a result. Though when she receives it she says I will be backdated from the end of my last certificate. Which is good because the money I last got from them a month ago has just run out and I have bills due out very soon. So That's my next move. Get my certificate couriered to them to ensure its delivery. And Royal Mail say they're losing money! Pffft my arse! With everyone having to courier their mail around which is mega expensive when you add it all up, they should be making more money than ever! Dunno whether I should drag my feet making an appointment with the Jobcentre just to hand over a certificate to be couriered though or to just courier it myself. I've had this certificate since the last one ran out and I didn't send it in because the DWP never asked for it. So I've already lost about 3 weeks on it, possibly 4. Mind you, that's going to be backdated, so no worries. I should be skeptical about them backdating but I have to admit the last couple of times they've had to backdate payment to me, they've done it exactly when they said they would both times.

Well, I hope you get your time off with Steve soon. It is awful when you're both just so tired you just snipe at each other all the time, and both of you know you don't want to because you've got no real reason to fight, not to mention the fact it's just unpleasant. I was a right monster here yesterday. Feeling incredibly drained just now because its that time of the month again at the weekend, and it always saps my energy like only you would believe. Nothing I've ever been on over the years has ever been able to fix that.

It's peeing down here too - that driving lesson I was meant to have a few days ago, I still haven't had it yet because it's been coming down so hard it's been bouncing back up! Non stop! Been dead windy too. So I've not been able to get out and get my lesson. Luckily Trev is training to be an ADI, so I get free lessons so I'm not losing any money on this deal. I've just got to do his washing every now and again! Razz Thanks to my last instructor, I get terrified getting behind the wheel, otherwise I would have been out there learning how to drive in these conditions, since I'm going to have to one day anyway. I've just found out I won't have to go to school for four years getting a bit of paper to be an OT's assistant, it's an experience based job with training on the job. So there's light at the end of the tunnel, and I might just be able to save up and get my own car one day after all!
Back to top Go down
Spudsy40

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 4:18 pm

Wow, a Doc with Fibro how fab for u, not fab for her, but she will always be on ur side which is fantastico!

Yayyyyy, that is good news then, I'd get that cert to them asap and u shall get ur dosh, it's nice that u got someone helpful for a change, it makes all the difference I find. Sounding more positive though and that they are really looking at things from a positive viewpoint which can't be bad. I've never really thought of putting in a claim or anything like that so far, wouldn't even know where to start, I'd imagine u would have to be pretty bad to start claiming, but I just don't know enough about it all.

Free lessons and a free carer, gee, ur a lucky lassie eh!

It's so minging here, so depressing, makes me sad when it's raining and grey and dullsville. Dunno wot's up with my back, but it's killing me, has been since y'day, am in so much pain, down the lumbar area and going into legs, makes me feel sick if I move too much. Gonna sit and read papers and ice it for a while, see if that takes the sting oot of it.

Keep smiling toots cheers
Back to top Go down
Bulbie
Admin
Bulbie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:24 pm

You know, when you put it all like that, I am pretty lucky. You're really helping to pick up my mood girl, thank you. Smile

I'm going to courier the certificate to them today, send it recorded delivery. Call me cynical, but I don't really trust the jobcentre to pass my certificate on. Just a gut feeling. So I'll send it by Recorded Delivery myself. Will only cost a pound odd cos it's just a letter, and I'll know it's been sent and I'll be able to track its journey myself rather than having to phone up every day and run up my phone bill.

As for you claiming, I'm pretty sure you'd be entitled. Thousands of pounds in benefits go unclaimed each year because a lot of people think they're not sick enough (myself included) or they just don't know they exist. One surefire way to check is by going on to the directgov website and using their benefits checker. And then you can decide whether you apply or not. Let's face it, the worst they can say is no.

Sucks about your back. Mine is sore today as well. Not relishing the thought of nipping over the road to the post office, especially in this weather. It's kind of spooky how a lot of our symptoms seem to coincide.

Rest well hon.

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Spudsy40

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 12:33 pm

Don't u find though that someone else can always make us feel better about things like this? i find that I think doom n gloom then someone puts another more positive slant on it, and hey voila, life ain't too bad after all!

sun is shining today, makes a big difference too of course, it makes u want to go and do stuff.

I have dentist at 1020hrs for check up, he is very heavy handed and I have ultra sensitive teeth so not looking forward to it at all.

Did u get ur cert away, don't trust anyone but urself with regards to doing stuff like that, cos I don't.

Mmmhh, will check out their website this avro, hadn't even thought of applying to be honest, but I'm not working and it's due to being yucky, so why not see whats on offer.

My back a bit better today, Steve gave it a rub for me last night and we had a so so sleep. I dreamt about Pete Wentz (Fall Out Boy) he was my boyfriend and he stole £150 from my mums purse but gave me a beautiful expensive watch, wot's all that about????????????????

Anyhow, best go and scrub teeth and floss! rabbit

Mich
Back to top Go down
Bulbie
Admin
Bulbie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 2:05 pm

Yeah, I was feeling really down in the dumps a couple of days ago, then I spoke to you, and caught up with the friends I still have then suddenly life didn't look so bad. Kinda why I miss having friends in visiting distance.

Pffft lucky you, sun ain't shining here! Still grey, still cold, still raining. And I've woken up feeling like crap, so can't even play with the dog in the park.

Aye I got my certificate away yesterday. Was just thinking, I asked for written confirmation they'd received my letter, they gave me a phone call. So you're right, and I was right to go with my gut and courier it myself. Not to mention the fact that I don't trust the job centre anyway. And I'd never heard of them making appointments for people to go in to say to them hey can you post this for me please.

Well hon, the way I see it, you're not working 'cos you're ill, and though neither of us wants to contribute to our households through benefits, we can't change the illness we've got, so might as well claim it while it's still there, before the government does away with all disability benefits and sweeps it into the care system we get told we don't have a right to anyway. I reckon you'd qualify for something.

Glad to hear your back's a bit better. If anything I'm feeling a little worse. I do sometimes wonder what good the pill does me at this time of month, but then I remember what I was like without it...

Sounds like you have pretty trippy dreams like me! Fun, ain't they? Laughing

Hope the dentist went well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Spudsy40

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 4:16 pm

Still gorgeous here, long may it last, makes me feel so much better.

Teeth are sore sore sore! Got a scale and polish but all else was fine, thankfully, he is quite heavy handed though. They were gonna charge me £50 for private patient, I said but I'm NHS, bit of toing and froing and mistake on computer, so was £10.10 nhs price, £40 of a saving, imagine that, wot a mega price difference, scary. Thank god I have NHS dentist.

Am defo gonna look on webby when I get a mo, been a busy busy day. At Dentist then had to drop some stuff off, then went to somerfield to pick up some bargains, they have loads of boxes of chox half price, so they are gud for visiting peeps at xmas and new year, and wine half price too, so I got a £5 voucher from sunday paper and used it, £43 worth of stuff for £38 including 3 boxes of chocs and 6 bttls of wine, fair chuffed.

Pay day 2moro, as we are in red on bank account, oooopppsss...........

Back playing up 2day, so gonna try and keep active a bit, as I think I've been lounging too much, also need to do this naffo fibro diary for physios, wot a total n utter waste of my time!

Catch ya later
Back to top Go down
Bulbie
Admin
Bulbie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 4:49 pm

Weather sucks here today.

Sorry it's taken me a while to get back - not been well, or been busy or both. Life sucks when you're going through an appeal. Got my papers through today - they actually had the cheek to advise me to seek legal advice if I proceed with the appeal at this point! I'm fuming!

Hope your teeth are feeling a bit better hon. I'm still hunting for a new dentist myself. Sad Prices of going privately are just not an option for me.

Did you ever look into applying for any sort of benefit? It's really offputting especially when you're hearing about situations like mine, but you've worked all your working life, you've paid taxes, so you might as well get some of that back now you need the help. That's the way I pacify myself anyway.

I'm in the middle of choosing a new college course. Looking into ditching the Law Degree idea for now and going down the counselling route. I seem to have a much more natural flair for that. Just tried calling for funding advice since this stupid appeal is messing everything up, but no answer so I'm having to wait for a call back. It's so bloody frustrating when you just want to get started straight away! But I want to be a counsellor one day, will be good money and I can theoretically choose when and where I want to work when I'm fully qualified.

Hope you're doing a bit better now. I'm away to sneeze some more.
Back to top Go down
Spudsy40

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 7:52 pm

No worries no hurries re replying.

Haven't looked into benefits yet, keep meaning to, but keep forgetting.

Soz to hear ur fight has turned horrible, that sucks, I hope u can appeal and get it sorted soon, it must be a strain hanging over you.

Gud luck with course, I've got quals in counselling, worked for victim support and cornerstone before, very very nice to do something for the community and for people who don't always have a voice.

At hospital, going in on 9th Dec til 11/12th for gyne operations, not looking forward to them, be bed bound for a week or so til stitches dissolve in tum, but at least over n done with by xmas.

In 2010 got to go in and have operation on knee, at ortho surgeon last week and some problems around ligament, joint etc, so he wants to go in and investigate, and then will need physio.

It's all go go go.

Weather here is rank today, but was gorgio y'day, due to be yucky rest of week, which I hate as when sun out always makes me feel better.

Had a cookfest today, made lentil soup, cauliflower cheese, oooh, loads of things.

Best go, that's my fabby hubby hame! Neutral
Back to top Go down
Bulbie
Admin
Bulbie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 9:58 pm

Good to hear from you again hon. Smile

Aye having a rough time of it with the benefits situ, but I'm pressing on. They will not defeat me, I know I havea right to this money. Hell, I've even applied to go on Question Time in Edinburgh in ten days time to shout about it.

Yeah, the course. Well, I'd love to do it tomorrow, but the fact I'm not officially getting any benefits right now means I can't get on the course via the benefits route. The college's cut off for income is 12k, and this house has an income of just short of 15k. My benefit would have covered my ass but I@m appealing so even though I'm geting the money at assessment rate, it won't count toward any fre tuition for me. So my other option is to get Trev to pay the course fee, which he cannot afford to do, hence the looking for funding, or try and get ILA. For that we need some daft form from the tax office to prove his earnings, and that couls take a couple of months to come through. After that it could take a further month for my claim for ILA to be approved and in my account to use for my course. So it's looking like February before I can start. Sad Luckily the course is available all year round, and is only a half day a week so it isn't going to be too taxing on me either.

I'll be thinking about you when you're in hospital hon, worrying about you. Still, least it's all out the way before christmas, so that's something. Smile

Speaking of ligaments, Dr Jones thinks thats the problem with my knee. Thinks I've damaged my ligaments. So she's really pushing for the physio. I'm having to wait for them to assign me a new physio, so could be waiting a while on that one. With a dodgy knee.

Weather's been crap here pretty much since the last time we spoke. Still not been out for a lesson. So I'm getting increasingly frustrated because my goal, my achievement if you will, is to pass my test and get an original Mini. I want my mini!

Cookfest sounds good! Was nearly tempted into that myself but then I started to feel poo. So needless to say that didn't happen!

Enjoy your cookfest, and your hubby. Wink
Back to top Go down
Spudsy40

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 2:02 pm

Morning morning

Phew, what a busy day! At least it's no raining, so far anyhow

Hope u get claim and college course sorted oot, I should really look into it, as not earning any money myself, so even if I could do some courses that may help a wee bitty

Looking forward to getting first op over n done with and then knee done in New Year, quicker the better.

Been walking a lot to build up strength in leg etc, and going to try and gym it soon. Am not feeling 100% at the mo, very foggy fibro feeling, but instead of giving in, am just getting on with it as best I can. Keep saying there's heaps of peeps worse off than me, so that's what I am gonna focus on.

Doing another cookfest the day, away to take doggy oot for his walk first though

Have a gr8 Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Bulbie
Admin
Bulbie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 1:52 am

You do seem a bit run down babe. Take it easy, mind.

Been chucking it down here. No lesson again today! Got to learn how to drive in the wet one day, but I've had some scary shit hapen to me in cars so I need to take things slowly. Getting frustrating though!

I'll fight for my claim all the way. Not going to say either way yet as to whether I'll win or not, but so long as I fight all the way at least I can say I gave it my all. As for college, I'm going to get it all sorted as soon as circumstances allow. I want in, I want to do this course, and start building up my skills to get me a really good job in the future. No dumbass jobcentre is going to keep me down!

Will be thinking of you when you're in hospital hon. I'm sure you are looking forward to getting it all over and done with. I know when something comes up that I'm not looking forward to, I just want it out of the way as quickly as possible. Speaking of which I need to ask if I can get a different nurse or Dr Jones herself for my smear. I think if I got the same nurse again there's no way I'd even sit down, never mind get my kit off for her.

Had a wee bitty of a cookfest today myself. Not much just made some cupcakes with plain icing, cos I wanted to try out my new silicon cupcases. Turned out great, really light and fluffy and adding a teaspoon of vanilla essence in the cake mix really brought out the flavour. And they have this nice slight crispyness on the top, they're yum!

Keep yer chin up hon!
Back to top Go down
Spudsy40

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 5:25 pm

No major news from me, been a bit low n run down due to time of month, and taking tablets before I go into hospital which really upset tum and make me feel wonky, so, just being quiet for a change....

Pottered all weekend, didn't really go anywhere nor do anything which was actually really nice.

Watched some dvds and cooked a lot and also took it easier than I have been.

Hospital nxt wk thank god, just want it over n done with.

At's me, nowt else new, what's new with everyone else this week????????

Mich Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bulbie
Admin
Bulbie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 5:40 pm

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time of it hon. Sad

I agree, sometimes its nice to not have to go anywhere. Sadly I do that quite a lot at the moment and it's really getting to me!

I've been watching dvds as well mostly Family Guy. Been trying to relax. It's near that time of the month for me too, and I always get a bit wound up.

Good luck with the hospital next week hon.

As for what I've been up to this weekend, it's not been much. Got this little green 50s style dress on eBay I'm sort of customising. Got the ribbon sash for round the waist, the petticoat to bring out the shape of the skirt, the shoes, and the pearls. Even got the little white handbag. Just waiting for the little white shrug now for me shoulders. Will take pix when it's done!

Other than that just had one quick lesson. Got too wound up to do it for long though, but did get up to 30mph this time.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Aberdeen
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Positive About Fibro :: General Chat :: Introductions-
Jump to: