Positive About Fibro
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Positive About Fibro

A support forum for all sufferers of fibromyalgia across the UK. Because there's no support like fibro support.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello from Aberdeen

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Spudsy40

Hello from Aberdeen Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 7:46 pm

Hi there,

My name is Michelle and I'm in sunny Aberdeen - it's dinging down tonight though.....

Diagnosed with Fibro about 2 months ago, also have Lupus and Hypermobility Syndrome, along with a gambit of womens problems and tum issues!

Looking forward to speaking to you all and sharing experiences, bit thanks to T for setting such a great place up.

Big hugs

Mich xxx
Back to top Go down
Bulbie
Admin
Bulbie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 8:36 pm

Welcome Mich! Dinging it down eh? Not much better here I have to say. Not even proper rain. Just that horrible fine stuff that's enough to set the joints on edge. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://positiveaboutfibro.forumotion.net
Spudsy40

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 2:23 pm

HI there,

Hows u today? Gorgeous here, but gale force winds! Went to the beach with doggys for some air, as so blocked up and got more antibiotics y'day, so wanted to try n clear my head, sand everywhere, blowing wild!

Mich xxx
Back to top Go down
Bulbie
Admin
Bulbie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 3:20 pm

Hey Mich

I'm not too good today - had a bad night IBS wise. So I'm really tired today, more so than normal. Really sunny here too - but windy! In these winds, the dog sits in the wind and just lets his fur stream out behind him - it's really quite cute! Hope those antibiotics are workin' out for you - sucks about the sand though!
Back to top Go down
Spudsy40

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 11:35 am

Hiya

How u feeling today chum? I still feel total rank! Not sure if it's the 'biotics or what's going on, just want to stay in my beddy byes. Am working a couple of hrs each afternoon just now and hating it, was off sick all last week and I think it's making me ill too as I just can't abide my back to back, she is horrid! Dreading going back in today, Steve wants me to quit, but I just want to take some money into the house, u know what likie!

My ibs is bad today, tum looks about 20 months preggers!

Big hugs to u

Mich xxxx
Back to top Go down
Bulbie
Admin
Bulbie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 5:28 pm

Hey.

Feeling well rubbish today - my head is at that annoying not quite a migraine but worse than a headache stage. This time of the month drives me batty. I'm immobile with a killer headache. Feel sorry for you having to take yourself in to that job sounds horrible! But I totally get where you're coming from, it just feels better to be able to provide some sort of financial income to the house rather than nothing. I feel bloody awful right now since my money's been stopped and theyre not yet paying it at assesment rate whilst I go through the appeals process and I have no job right now either. Hate having nothing to do and hate having no money to contribute!

lol, my IBS is still bad too. Though I thought I was the only one to look that pregnant when it was bad! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spudsy40

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 9:23 pm

Hiya

Feeling better 2night? I've a stotting headache as well, what are we, separated twinnies?!?!??!?!?

Time of month sucks, me got gyne on 15th, hope they can sort it out and just take away this hassle and pain. Nope, ur not only one with big tum tum, mine is huge a ntic the now.

Any news on ur appeal? Work sucked today, I really want to quit, we even have a mtng with HR on Thurs to sort out our problems, can u believe that, I just want to tell them to SHOVE it, she has a right attitude, and is a total suck up to mgrs but different with the rest of us, grrrrrrr!

Mich x
Back to top Go down
Bulbie
Admin
Bulbie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 9:45 pm

hiya

Feeling crap tonight - got a killer headache on the horizon, and end of period cramps like you wouldn't believe! Well, YOU might. hehe.

Was dead wobbly and shaky and weak this morning fr some reason. Feel a bit better now, but I hate it when that happens.

How're you doing?
Back to top Go down
Spudsy40

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 7:14 pm

Hiya

Hope ur feeling heaps better today? got gyne on Thurs, roll on, want rid of all this hassle and pain, it sucks eh?

I quit today, can't be ar*ed anymore, she drives me nuts and I'm on the verge of doing or saying something very bad, which is not like me, so, I resigned before I regretted it. Applied for 2 more part time jobs, so will see wot happens.

Feel bad dosh wise, but nowt I can do.

Plans for this wkend?

M xxx
Back to top Go down
Bulbie
Admin
Bulbie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 2:06 am

Plans for the weekend - none as such, just can't do late nights like I used to. Even if I could, I'm too poor.

How about you?

No wait, I do have plans for this weekend - get rid of this damn headache! pale
Back to top Go down
Spudsy40

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 1:59 pm

Haircut tomorow at 10am, can't wait, it's at that just a bitty too long stage

That's about it, prob get a take out 2moro night, last day of job today, yahoooo, we have £300 in bank to last 3 wks, fingers n toes x'ed

Sending u vibes to take that headache away!

xx
Back to top Go down
Bulbie
Admin
Bulbie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 3:22 pm

eee I just got my hair done yesterday - how spooky is that! Mine was at that bit too long stage too. So I got it cut to just above my shoulders so now it's in a cute bob shape. It's awesome! Very Happy

Good luck with your last day - it's going to be the best feeling in the world for you at the end of the daywhen you walk out that door!

With some real clever budgeting, that 300 should last you no problem - so long as there aren't too many big bills to come out of it! Goodness knows, we've had to do this kind of budgeting enough!

Headache is still here - slept right through to half 12 today. That's late - even for me!
Back to top Go down
Spudsy40

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 7:15 pm

Hurray, I am free free freeeeeeeeeeeeee again, yahoooooooooooooooooo, thank god for that!

How spooky, ur hair, my hair, I love bobs, I'm trying to grow mine back into one, it's at that in between stage, driving me loopy, but cannae grumble, as I was bald for 3 yrs, so!

Hows the heid noo? I cud have slept all day today.

Just been to Tescos, £86, so make that £214 for 3 wks, oooppssss....

It's dinging doon here, miserable night, cuddling up and reading and chilling oot.

Mich xxx

PS - Last day, went marvellously well, so relieved to be outta there.
Back to top Go down
Bulbie
Admin
Bulbie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 4:54 am

I'll bet you are! There's nothing worse than being stuck in a job you despise, whatever the reason for despising it. When I was unemployed (and a lot more able bodied than I am now) I had to go to job club because I'd been on the dole for quite some time. And our group leader very much had the philosophy if it's a job, take it if you want/need work so badly. Even if it's a job you hate, you need to work so you will take it. MY argument was always well why shouldn't I have standards in the jobs I take? Why shouldn't I look for work I'll enjoy at least a tiny part of? After all, if I keep taking work I utterly hate, all it's going to result in is me topping myself or walking out of each job time after time because I can't handle it anymore, THEN how crap will my CV look! She never did have an answer for that. I did manage to get her fired in the end though for calling me a whore - then she was in exactly the same position as us - claiming the dole!

Bobs are cute, I totally wanted Selma Blair's bob she wore in Hellboy 2 for ages, but when it came time to get it done, I decided that was a little too short for my tastes. So I got a slightly longer one. But yes, that in between stage is hellishly annoying! I've got tufts under my fringe from a bad thinning job. They're too long to be hidden, but too short to scoop up with the rest of my fringe!

Head's a little better, thank God. The amount of paracetamol I have to pop when a migraine hits it's a wonder I don't rattle when I walk. I'm still really drained though.

Ouch - £86 in Tescos! You work that Clubcard, girl! lol

Your night sounds grand. I've been on the computer most of the day playing WoW. I'm a shameless addict!
Back to top Go down
Spudsy40

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 12:01 pm

Hiya,

Fit likie today? Can't find a job, looking like mad, but nothing out there. Not putting a claim in as yet, will hang fire and see if anything comes up, did put in for one, so maybe wait n c if i get an interview for it.

Club card double points - shoot n score, heaps of food in house, so dosh wise shud be ok, fingers n toes x'ed!

It's been dinging down all week here, but it's not raining so far today, sooooooo muggy though, I can't breathe with the heat.

Start physio 9am 2moro and then gyne appt at 11am, so, we shall see wot they are gonna do about all my bits n bobs n pieces!

M x
Back to top Go down
Bulbie
Admin
Bulbie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 7:41 pm

hiya,
Knackered today, and a bit lightheaded. My appetite has been non existant the last few days. It's pcking up again slowly though. I was in court today. I applied for a voluntary job on the witness support panel. I think I did pretty well, she seemed happy with me. Hopefully I'll get it. It'll keep me out of trouble, lol. Might only be voluntary, but it all counts!

Sucks that you can't find a job. I can't find paid work either. Worse when we've got these disabilities - we're so much more restricted in what we can look for. GL on the one you've put in for though.

Ah you'll be fine! Food house! AND double points - bound to be some good discounts coming your way! Think we only earned 7 points today, all I got was dairy free cheese, a spud and a hand of bananas! He got some bits, can't remember what they were though. Fog is really bad today!

Been raining on and off all day here. So I took my brolly to court. Turns out it didn't rain. probably because I had my brolly. Bloody typical.

GL for tomorrow. Sounds like an exhausting day! I'm in the process of chasing up my physio. Not returning the calls at present, so kinda stuck. I'll give it another week or so then I'll get back to my GP and update her.

Bloody life, eh? Really likes biting people in the ass... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Spudsy40

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 5:01 pm

Physio was lovely but not sure what I got out of it. She wants me to keep a diary of how I feel when I wake, what time i sleep, how long for, what I do each day etc etc etc etc etc, didn't show me any exercises like Rheum said she would and gotta go back in a month? Interesting in some ways though, she reiterated how I felt which was good, it was nice to speak to someone who knows about it and understands, I sometimes feel when I speak to family n friends they don't really get it, they say I look great, but I try and explain to them, I may look it, but boy, I don't feel it.

Gyne was nae bad, hurt me though by taking lots of samples! Gotta have 2 x ops, so will just go with flow n wait for appt card to pop throo the door.

Baltic here today, dinging doon, so, reading Sunday paper and watching dvd's, bliss..........

xxx
Back to top Go down
Bulbie
Admin
Bulbie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 2:08 pm

Wow - you sound like you feel violated! Laughing

Kinda mixed reactions at the physio then. Odd that she didn't do the exercises, true, but at least she vindicated you on your condition. You're quite right, most people just DO NOT get it. They can't see it physically, so it desn't exist. I wish there was a way I could help you make your family see that you really do have something wrong with you, but I'm kinda in the same boat myself. Sad

As for the gynae, good news, I guess. You'll get fixed at last. Just a matter of playing the waiting game. I'm off on Thursday for my routine violation. Not looking forward to it...

And I need another appointment for my fibro. There's something going on at my left knee, on the inside. I thught it might just be a bit of fat at first since I'm not as active as I used to be, I can't feel anything untoward there, but it does look a bit swollen, and I'm now getting a little more pain in my knee than usual. So I'm going to take the first doctor that I can get, and if they say there's nothing wrong when I feel there is, I'll call my usual doctor. I know she'll listen to me and do whatever it takes to find out what's going on for me. Gotta say though, it's freaking me out a bit.
Back to top Go down
Spudsy40

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 2:43 pm

oooohhh i felt it at the time, yeuuuuuuugh, esp as I wasnt expecting it, nice doc though! so i guess that helped

Go get ur knee seen, mine started like that and before I knew it, I was in hospital getting scans for suspected dvt's, the pain built up more and more, my knee has been a major problemo for me, its my right medial (inner knee area), very swollen, sore, can't crouch down etc, so, had mri scan and something up with it, not enough synovial fluid etc, so got my ortho surgeon appt in about 3 weeks i think to see what he suggests, think its part n parcel with me having lupus and fibro. Oh and u could elevate it and ice it, if u lay down, put a pillow underneath to support so u don't lock it oot.

Physio great, but didnt get the lack of exercises, weird, u any news on getting to see ur one?

Wots ur monday gossip? it's peeing down here and baltic, am really cold. defo a sofa day and tv all pm me thinks, nowt else for it!

Gud luck with ur Doc appt. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bulbie
Admin
Bulbie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 9:43 pm

Ahhhhh now I'm worried. Got an appointment on Thursday. Going to be in there twice on Thursday now,but wanted to get my knee seen to asap. Something just doesn't feel right.

No news on my physio yet. Called, got some kind of answering machine, so left a message. Never called back, so I'll have to call again.

no Monday gossip today, just made my apointments. oh and I see a Fife EmployAbility guy on Wednesday morning. They help disabled folk get into and keep work. So we'll see what comes of that.

Ach, I'm freaking out now. I'm away to watch summat on the iplayer. Sad
Back to top Go down
Spudsy40

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 11:32 am

don't freak out, cos u have ur appt now, so focus on that and it'll be all ok. if u couldn't walk or it was really swollen or purple then i'd say get an emergency appt, but all will be fine, mine was a gradual process before i got to this stage, if it really worries u, keep calling til they give u a cancellation

sun is out 2day, yahooo, not sure for how long, so will make most of it

away to make home made pizzas for tea and do some potterng around!
Back to top Go down
Bulbie
Admin
Bulbie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 3:35 pm

I think I'll last out til Thursday, thanks for the reassurance. I'm uber paranoid when anything changes in my body that I can't explain, that's all.

I made pizza the other night with Cheezly. Was a pepperoni pizza and I made way too much - so some went to waste! affraid

No sunny here today. Grey, cold and horrible. Just been out in it for the last hour with the dog. He's happier, I'm sorer!

Something tells me I really want an omelette...
Back to top Go down
Spudsy40

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 4:16 pm

Know what u mean, always listen to ur body, I did and Docs didn't and I had a huge DVT, took me 3 doc visits before they would listen to me and refer me to hospital, where I was admitted straight away and stayed there for 3 weeks to be stabilised!

All will be fine, Thurs is only a wee bit away

Baltic here now, like winter, brrrrr, it's cold cold cold cold cold

Do u find u suffer with the cold, hands and feet in particular? I feel like I have Raynauds sometimes, as I suffer big time when it's this cold

Pizza done n dusted and ready to be put on, yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Back to top Go down
Bulbie
Admin
Bulbie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 5:20 pm

Always have listened to my body. That's why I have a diagnosis at all on my fibro. It's utterly crazy how these GPs are willing to go through years of medical school then when they get their dream job they just don't give a stuff and that can make them responsible for several hundred deaths a year. They wouldn't even send an ambulance out for my dad when he was having a heart attack - he had to call for it himself, and even then the GP refused to come out and see him until the paramedic called and forced him to.

This is partly why I've fought so tirelessly to get everything checked out when I feel it's something wrong. I'd rather go along a few times and be checked out and told it's nothing than to leave it and find out it's something.

Aye, baltic here too. Had the dog out without my gloves or scarf on, couldn't find them, but he was getting mega wound up, so had to go. Suffering for it now though!

I do actually get it bad in my hands and feet. My legs a lot too, but my hands I can barely close after a few minutes out in the cold, and my feet sometimes get so sore I actually cry.

Pizza sounds amazing right now! I'm contemplating making a lemon meringue pie. Before you go calling me a culinary genius it's pie a la box, lol! cheers
Back to top Go down
Spudsy40

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 9:26 pm

I'm a bit up n down with medical service to be honest, twice they've nearly let me die, literally and they've said "do u blame me" to which I've said, had I got my hands on u at the time I would've decked u, but, on the other hand, I see all the good they do and I think, we've got it better than a loads of other countries / people, u know? I do think it's deteriorated over the past wee whilie though. Gee, ur dad had to call an ambulance, now that sucks....!

Pizza was fine, I was starving though and burnt my lip eating it, will have to console myself with ice cream later.

Took doggys out, baltic, wrapped up in top, hoody, fleece, hat, gloves, jeans, trainers, couldn't move and was boiling within 10 minutes, go figure! I am struggling with my hands n feet right now, also getting itchy on my body, I seem to get that when winter starts hitting, it's strange

Mmmhhh, box or no, yummy scrummy in ma tummy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Aberdeen   Hello from Aberdeen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Aberdeen
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Positive About Fibro :: General Chat :: Introductions-
Jump to: