Positive About Fibro
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Positive About Fibro

A support forum for all sufferers of fibromyalgia across the UK. Because there's no support like fibro support.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello there, I'm new!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bulbie
Admin
Bulbie

Hello there, I'm new! Empty
PostSubject: Hello there, I'm new!   Hello there, I'm new! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 5:19 pm

Hi, I'm Bulbie, the site admin. I'm 26, and I was diagnosed with fibro back in April of this year. I decided to make this forum so that I could build a community of fibro sufferers, so that we could all support each other. There also seemed to be a real lack of UK based online support groups, so this site was born. I believe people with this condition should have a lot more choice than just one or two big forums. I really hope this forum will grow and become a success. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://positiveaboutfibro.forumotion.net
VINNYB

PostSubject: Re: Hello there, I'm new!   Hello there, I'm new! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 11:06 pm

Hi Bulbie et al.
I may or may not have fibro. (funny the pain is the same no matter what it is called) Question Question
jury is still out.
taking lycira and codryramol for pain relife (no it is not spelt wrong) Just not working lol
keep smiling
Back to top Go down
Bulbie
Admin
Bulbie

PostSubject: Re: Hello there, I'm new!   Hello there, I'm new! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 9:03 pm

I'm not on anything for my fibro atm. The docs are pretty happy with how I'm handling it. Have you not been diagnosed? Or is it that you have but it's got a different name and you're not sure if it's the same thing as fibromyalgia?

Anyroad, welcome to the forum, Vinny! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
VINNYB

PostSubject: Re: Hello there, I'm new!   Hello there, I'm new! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 12:53 pm

hi T
The doc thinks it is more arthur than fibro. my good buddy has exact same symtoms ( but a wee bit worse) has been diagnosed fibro. funny thing is we are on the exact same meds. lycira and co dhyromol. (dont work to well for either of us) he has lately been given butrons patches (morphine) which are helping to some degree.
be good
Back to top Go down
Bulbie
Admin
Bulbie

PostSubject: Re: Hello there, I'm new!   Hello there, I'm new! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 1:08 pm

Lyrica has had mixed receptions. Haven't heard too much about the other one though. Though I don't get why you're on fibro meds if they suspect arthur! They won't really do you any good! But if you're doing not too bad right now with the pain, a combi of paracetamol and deep heat will work in most cases.
Back to top Go down
VINNYB

PostSubject: Re: Hello there, I'm new!   Hello there, I'm new! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 1:37 pm

lycira for central neuropathic pain. basicly use and abuse. working to hard and being a wrestler (amatuer)
the co dyramol is paracetamol and some other codine based slight stronger than cocoamol.
the arms and hand tingles doc says comes from top of spine wear, my buddy doc says fibro.
my father always says doc differ patients die. ( hes 77)
Back to top Go down
VINNYB

PostSubject: Re: Hello there, I'm new!   Hello there, I'm new! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 1:39 pm

pain comes and goes though never completly. just got to grin and bear it
be good
Back to top Go down
Bulbie
Admin
Bulbie

PostSubject: Re: Hello there, I'm new!   Hello there, I'm new! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 1:51 pm

Yep, grin and bear it is all we can all do, after all, whether its fibro or arthur, it ain't gonna go anywhere!
Back to top Go down
Spudsy40

PostSubject: Re: Hello there, I'm new!   Hello there, I'm new! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 11:57 am

Hi Vinny

Welcome to the forum, good to see you hear and posting.

Big hugs

Mich x
Back to top Go down
VINNYB

PostSubject: Re: Hello there, I'm new!   Hello there, I'm new! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 12:47 pm

Very Happy thanks mitch,
I try to look at every day as a good day. some days are better than others. i dont like having bad days so i resolve not to have any. it works most of the time lol
be good
Vinny
Back to top Go down
Spudsy40

PostSubject: Re: Hello there, I'm new!   Hello there, I'm new! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 5:02 pm

Hey Vinny

That sounds just like me, keep telling myself there are loadsa people worse off than me, so I try and not give into it very easily, sometimes I have to, but 99% of the time, I refuse to give in! Hope ur having a gr8 wkend.

Mich x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello there, I'm new!   Hello there, I'm new! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello there, I'm new!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Positive About Fibro :: General Chat :: Introductions-
Jump to: