Positive About Fibro
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Positive About Fibro

A support forum for all sufferers of fibromyalgia across the UK. Because there's no support like fibro support.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

they dont seem to work for me

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
VINNYB

they dont seem to work for me Empty
PostSubject: they dont seem to work for me   they dont seem to work for me Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 4:21 am

Hi Guys
i am taking morphine 5mg p/hour (patch)
lycira 400mg twice daily
tramadol 50mg up to 8 a day.
Pain wise i have bad days very bad days really sh1t days and the odd good day. the morphine makes me feel funny but eases the pain signaficantly but as a result i am fit for nothing just doze for 2 to 3 hours (when taking tramadol) cant live with them cant live without lol
rant over
tanks for listening love some feedback What a Face

vinny
Back to top Go down
Bulbie
Admin
Bulbie

PostSubject: Re: they dont seem to work for me   they dont seem to work for me Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 4:53 am

I'm not sure if you're still following this forum Vinny, it's been a few months, but I apologise for not replying

I personally am not on any meds at all. They wanted me on Amytriptilene, but I've been on that in the past, pre diagnosis, and all it did was make me sleep, not reduce the pain. Though I've heard of a few people that are on the morphine patch. Which makes me think maybe I'm not so bad, I have never had that patch suggested to me. And by the sounds of it, I'm glad about that!
Back to top Go down
https://positiveaboutfibro.forumotion.net
VINNYB

PostSubject: Re: they dont seem to work for me   they dont seem to work for me Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 5:28 am

Still following okay
my patch is up to 20mg stay off them as long as you can. my friend, bad with fibro put in for dla should have word very shortly.I will keep you informed he used the form i gave you.

the DLA is a legal requirement not a medical one.
i will try and help anyway i can all you have to do isask.

keep smiling

v
Back to top Go down
Bulbie
Admin
Bulbie

PostSubject: Re: they dont seem to work for me   they dont seem to work for me Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 5:45 am

Will be interesting to hear about your friend.

What do you mean though when you say DLA is a legal requirement, not a medical one? The CAB have been no bloody use whatsoever, they refuse to entertain me.

I'm feeling very run down, and depressed of late. But mustn't grumble too much. Always others worse off.
Back to top Go down
VINNYB

PostSubject: Re: they dont seem to work for me   they dont seem to work for me Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 6:35 am

Hi T
the DLA entitlement is based on your inability to move and look after yourself etc it is what you cannot do on a day to day basis (not your worst day).

It is so easy to get down when you are suffering without the hassle from DHS and nen medical staff making decisions about your life. Hope you rand up about your claim. If not Ring Monday Morning. If you need to resubmit let me knpow and I will send you the file on filling the form.

remind me during the week (the meds screw up short term memory) and I will send you some stuff via e-mail study re above

give someone a smile you never know they might give you one back. that way you can make two people happy.

eyes glaceing over at 0335 where did the time go??

Talk soon

V
Back to top Go down
VINNYB

PostSubject: Re: they dont seem to work for me   they dont seem to work for me Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 6:44 am

forgot to mention if you are refusing meds you are unlikely to need help in their eyes. I would say get the meds if you dont want to take them, flush them but get the repeat script every month.

I hate taking the Lycira but am afraid not to if they are so 'good and effective' ( they had to wean me on them) affraid
I think I said elsewhere but they affect my short term memory and had a tendency to make me stumble. Freind has same side effects keeps on tripping over his own feet.

Often thought of trying to stop them for a bit to see what happens but dont want to go back to the way I was. ie getting along like a 90 year old.
night
Back to top Go down
Bulbie
Admin
Bulbie

PostSubject: Re: they dont seem to work for me   they dont seem to work for me Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 3:47 pm

It's not that I'm refusing the meds, Vinny, I just haven't been offered any apart from Amytriptilene, and I turned that down because I reacted badly to it last time. They think the psychology and physio approach would work out much better than meds, yet I've only had two physio appointments and been signed off from it now, and I still haven't heard about my psychologist... Else I probably would get the prescription, and just not use them.

As for the smiling, it's a bit hard to when no one is interested in me or cares how I feel right now. My mate James is the only one keeping me smiling. But then, I guess that's all I need, one person. Smile
Back to top Go down
VINNYB

PostSubject: Re: they dont seem to work for me   they dont seem to work for me Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 6:43 pm

make that 2 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bulbie
Admin
Bulbie

PostSubject: Re: they dont seem to work for me   they dont seem to work for me Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 9:10 pm

Ok, two Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: they dont seem to work for me   they dont seem to work for me Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

they dont seem to work for me
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Positive About Fibro :: Meds and Docs :: Medicines-
Jump to: